Watford Postal District Removals – Removals Watford
Removals, Storage, Man and Van, Office Moves and House Clearance in Watford: WD17, WD18, WD19, WD24 and WD25, Watford Postal District, Hertfordshire.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Watford area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Watford.
Watford is a town & district in Hertfordshire, England, situated 19 miles (30 km) northwest of London and within the bounds of the M25 motorway. The borough lies just to the north of Greater London and is located across postal districts WD17, WD18, WD19, WD24 and WD25.
The Watford Rural parish covers an area to the south of the borough of Watford (which is largely urbanised), in the Three Rivers District. The nearby areas of Bushey, Rickmansworth, Chorleywood, Kings Langley, Abbots Langley and South Oxhey, located in Three Rivers and Hertsmere districts, also form part of the Watford postcode area. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Watford area.
The latest official estimates put the population of Watford at 79,600 at mid-2006. The borough had 79,726 inhabitants at the time of the 2001 Census. The Watford urban area, which includes much of neighbouring Three Rivers, had a total population of 120,960 in the 2001 census, making it the 47th largest urban area in England. Watford was created as an urban district under the Local Government Act 1894, and became a municipal borough by grant of a charter in 1922.
Watford is 1st mentioned in an Anglo-Saxon charter of 1007. It does not get a mention by name in the Domesday Book, but was included in the entry for the then more important settlement of Cashio which stood half a mile away at the crossroads of the St Albans road and Hempstead road near the modern Town Hall.
The settlement’s location helped it grow, since as well as trade along this north-south through route it possessed good communications into the vale of St Albans to the east and into the Chiltern Hills along the valley of the River Chess to the west. In 1100 Henry I granted a charter to Watford to hold a weekly market.
The parish church of St. Mary the Virgin was constructed in 1230 on the same site as an earlier Saxon church. It was extensively restored in 1871. The great houses of Cassiobury and The Grove were built in the seventeenth centuries and expanded and developed throughout the following centuries. Cassiobury became the family seat of the Earls of Essex, and The Grove the seat of the Earls of Clarendon.
The Sparrows Herne turnpike was established in 1762 to enable improvement to the route across the Chilterns, with the road maintained from charges levied at toll houses along the way. The location of a toll house can be seen at the bottom of Chalk Hill on the Watford side of Bushey Arches close to the Wickes hardware store; set in an old flint stone wall is a Sparrows Herne Trust plaque.