London Removals Watford District: Removals South Oxhey
Removals, Storage, Man and Van, Office Moves and House Clearance in South Oxhey and WD6, WD7 and WD19, Watford Postal District, Hertfordshire.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the South Oxhey area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in South Oxhey.
About South Oxhey
South Oxhey is a minor town in the Watford Rural parish of the Three Rivers district of Hertfordshire, England. It is situated in the SW corner of Hertfordshire and close to the boundary with Greater London and is located across postal districts WD6, WD7 and WD19. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man & van, storage, packing and house clearance in the South Oxhey area.
South Oxhey is a big estate built on land that was formerly part of the Oxhey Hall Estate. There was a manor house there, Oxhey Place, and a chapel. The manor house was owned by the Blackwell family of Crosse and Blackwell fame. It burnt down in 1955. The chapel dates from 1612 and is still standing to the south of the parish church of All Saints. The church was opened in 1957 to serve the new estate built after the Second World War by the London County Council. It was subsequently demolished and rebuilt in 2000.
South Oxhey is a large estate almost exclusively made up of council built properties. This is in stark contrast to the neighbouring estate of Carpenders Park, whose dwellings were predominantly built privately. Carpenders Park itself had a mansion house, which was demolished in 1960 to make way for USAF married quarters. These were in turn demolished in 1997and 1998.
Since the introduction of the national ‘Right to Buy’ policy in 1980, many South Oxhey residents have bought their homes from the local council, meaning that by 2007 about 70% of houses on the estate are privately owned. The estate was built after the 2nd World War to help alleviate the housing pressures thrust upon London during the Blitz as well as general inadequate housing. South Oxhey was originally built and managed by the London County Council and later the Gtr London Council. Since 1980 it has been part of Three Rivers District.