West London Removals: Removals Park Royal
Removals, Storage, Man and Van Hire and House Clearance in Park Royal, W3, W5 and W10, West London.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in North West London and we regularly move clients to and from the Park Royal area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Park Royal.
If you need a remover, a man and van, some storage, packing or house clearance in the Park Royal area, simply call or email Allen and Young today.
About Park Royal
Park Royal is the largest industrial area in West London and comprises postal districts W3, W5 and W10. It is the largest industrial and business park in London, occupying 1,606 acres (650 ha). Approximately 50% of the estate is in Ealing, 40% is in Brent, and 10% is in Hammersmith and Fulham. It contains over 1,200 businesses, employing an estimated 35,000 workers. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, office moves, business relocations, deliveries, office clearance and house clearance in the Park Royal area.
The name Park Royal derives from the short-lived showgrounds opened in 1903 by the Royal Agricultural Society as a permanent exhibition site for the society’s annual show. After only three years the society sold the site, and returned to a touring format for its shows. With good road, rail and canal links, Park Royal was subsequently developed for industrial use, mainly during the 1930s.
For many years it was a centre of engineering, with firms including Park Royal Vehicles, GKN and Landis and Gyr. On the northern side is the Network Rail depot at Stonebridge Park, which also has London Underground Bakerloo Line tracks running through it (and Harlesden station nearby). On the eastern side, Park Royal is bound by Acton Lane and Park Royal Road (B4492). The Central Middlesex Hospital is located here. On the southern side is the arterial Western Avenue (A40), which leads to the Hanger Lane Gyratory System. Park Royal Underground station, on the Piccadilly Line is located just off Western Avenue. To the west of Park Royal is the North Circular Road (A406).
The Grand Union Canal runs through the middle of the Park Royal industrial estate, with pedestrian access via the towpath.
As well as many small industrial firms, Park Royal is home to some large company buildings, including McVities and Heinz. The old Guinness brewery and sports ground site at the south-western extremity of the district has now been totally demolished. The first building erected adjacent to the new roundabout and bridge link to Western Avenue is occupied by international drinks company Diageo, owners of the Guinness brand and the redevelopment site.
It is public policy to maintain Park Royal as an industrial area. It is designated as an Opportunity Area, and in 2008 the Mayor of London’s office published a draft Planning Framework which aspires to maintain, “growing economic clusters of food and drink, transport and logistics and television and film.” The framework does not preclude use of parts of the site for housing.
Queens Park Rangers F.C. played on two grounds within Park Royal. The first was the Horse Ring, later the site of the Guinness brewery, which had a capacity of 40,000. When the Royal Agricultural Society sold the grounds in 1907, QPR moved to the Park Royal Ground, 400 yards south, an almost exact replica of Ayresome Park, with a capacity of 60,000. The club were forced to move out in February 1915 as the ground was taken over by the Army. Read more…