London Removals Watford District: Removals Kings Langley
Removals, Storage, Man and Van, Office Moves and House Clearance in Kings Langley and WD4, Watford Postal District, Hertfordshire.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Kings Langley area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Kings Langley.
About Kings Langley
Kings Langley is an historic English village 21 miles NW of central London on the southern edge of the Chiltern Hills and is now part of the London commuter belt. The major western portion lies in the borough of Dacorum and the east is in the Three Rivers district, both in the county of Hertfordshire, England, and located in the postal district of WD4.
It was once the location of a Royal palace of the Plantagenet kings of England. The twelfth century parish church of All Saints houses the tomb of the first Duke of York. His first wife, Isabella of Castile, was buried in Kings Langley Manor House. It is two miles south of Hemel Hempstead and two miles north of Watford. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Kings Langley area.
A Roman villa has been excavated just south of Kings Langley. The village originated in Saxon times when it was most likely part of the lands of the Abbey of St Albans, although actual records have been lost. At the Norman conquest the manor was given to William’s half brother Robert, Count of Mortain who let it to one Ralf. It is around the manor that the present village developed as a linear village lying on the old road from London to Berkhampstead and the English Midlands.
Around 1276 the manor was purchased by Queen Eleanor and a palace and deer park built on the hill above the village. This gave the village the epithet “Kings”. For a while during the Black Death it was the seat of government. A priory was founded next to the palace and remains of this can still be seen.
The church of All Saints was built during the fourteenth century on the site of an earlier church. The body of King Richard II was buried here for a time after his (probable) murder at Pontefract castle in 1400. It was later removed and laid to rest in Westminster Abbey. The body of Edmund of Langley, who died 1402, the fifth son of Edward III and the first Duke of York, still rests in the memorial chapel.
The 18th century Sparrows Herne turnpike road (later the A41 trunk road) traversed the Chilterns via the valley of the River Gade and ran down the village high street. The 16th century ‘Saracens Head’ public house is a coaching inn which flourished in this period.