South West London Removals: Removals Fulham
Removals, Storage, Man and Van, Office Moves and House Clearance in Fulham and SW6, South West London.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Fulham area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Fulham.
If you need a remover, a man and van, some storage, packing or house clearance in the Fulham area, simply call or email Allen and Young today.
Fulham is an area of south-west London in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, (the successor to the Metropolitan Borough of Fulham) located 3.7 miles (6.0 km) south west of Charing Cross and situated in the postal district SW6. It is situated in between Putney and Chelsea. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Fulham area.
Fulham was formerly the seat of the diocese of “Fulham and Gibraltar”, and Fulham Palace the former official home of the Bishop of London, (now a museum), the grounds of which are now divided between public allotments and an elegant botanical garden.
Having been through many transformations in its history, today it is a green London suburb within close reach of areas such as Chelsea and Kensington and this is reflected in the local house prices. It was included within Savills’ 2007 list of “prime” London areas.
Two Premiership football clubs, Fulham and Chelsea, are situated in Fulham. The former Lillie Bridge Grounds (which hosted the second FA Cup final and the first ever amateur boxing matches) was also in Fulham.
Fulham, or in its earliest form “Fullanham”, is uncertainly stated to signify “the place” either “of fowls” or “of mud” (which probably had a lot to do with the fact that the River Thames would flood it periodically), or alternatively, “land in the crook of a river bend belonging to a man named Fulla”. The manor is said to have been given to Bishop Erkenwald about the year 691 for himself and his successors in the see of London, and Holinshed relates that the Bishop of London was lodging in his manor place in 1141 when Geoffrey de Mandeville, riding out from the Tower of London, took him prisoner. At the Commonwealth the manor was temporarily out of the bishops’ hands, being sold to Colonel Edmund Harvey. There is no record of the first erection of a parish church, but the first known rector was appointed in 1242, and a church probably existed a century before this. The earliest part of the church demolished in 1881, however, did not date farther back than the 15th century. In 879 Danish invaders, sailing up the Thames, wintered at Fulham and Hammersmith. Near the former wooden Putney Bridge, built in 1729 and replaced in 1886, the earl of Essex threw a bridge of boats across the river in 1642 in order to march his army in pursuit of Charles I, who thereupon fell back on Oxford.
Margravine Road recalls the existence of Bradenburg House, a riverside mansion built by Sir Nicholas Crispe in the time of Charles I, used as the headquarters of General Fairfax in 1647 during the civil wars, and occupied in 1792 by the margrave of Brandenburg-Anspach and Bayreuth and his wife, and in 1820 by Caroline, consort of George IV.
Fulham during the 18th century had a reputation of debauchery, becoming a sort of “Las Vegas retreat” for the wealthy of London. Read more…