South West London Removals: Removals Earls Court
Removals, Storage, Man and Van Hire and House Clearance in Earls Court SW5 and SW10.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Earls Court area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Earls Court.
If you need a remover, a man and van, some storage, packing or house clearance in the Earls Court area, simply call or email Allen and Young today.
About Earls Court
Earls Court, a district in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in London, England, and is located across postal districts SW5 and SW10. It is an inner-city district centered on Earl’s Court Road and the surrounding streets and located south-west of Charing Cross. It borders the sub-districts of South Kensington to the East, West Kensington to the West, Chelsea to the South and Kensington proper to the North. It is home to Earls Court Exhibition Centre, one of the country’s largest indoor arenas and a popular concert venue. Allen and Young Removals carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Earls Court area. We also offer expedition collection and delivery services to the Earls Court arena.
Earls Court, originally spelled Earl’s Court, was once a rural area, covered with green fields and market gardens. The Saxon thegn Edwin had been the owner before the Norman Conquest. For over 500 years the land, part of the ancient manor of Kensington, was under the lordship of the Vere family, Earls of Oxford and descendants of Aubrey de Vere I, who held the manor of Geoffrey de Montbray, bishop of Coutances, in Domesday Book in 1086. By 1095, his tenure had been converted and he held Kensington directly for the crown. The earls held their manorial court where Old Manor Yard is now, just by the London Underground station. Earl’s Court Farm is visible on Greenwood’s map of London dated 1827.
Following World War II, a large transient population of Australians and New Zealanders stayed in Earls Court, leading to Earl’s Court Road being known for several decades as “Kangaroo Alley” or “Kangaroo Court”. It was at the time one of the cheapest areas close to central London, and up until the 1990s remained a somewhat down-at-heel district compared to its more up market neighbours. Today, while there are still significant numbers of students or other people on temporary visas, many of the Australians and New Zealanders appear to have moved on to now-cheaper areas further North and West. The change in the area’s population is largely owed to rocketing property prices and the continued gentrification of the area. This can be seen in the obvious divide between the eastern and western areas of Earls Court. Read more…