London Removals Enfield District: Removals Chipping Barnet
Removals, Storage, Man and Van, Office Moves and House Clearance in Chipping Barnet and EN5, Enfield Postal District.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Chipping Barnet area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Chipping Barnet.
About Chipping Barnet
Chipping Barnet is a place in the London Borough of Barnet in north London built around a 12th century settlement. It is located 10 miles North West of Central London and is located in postal district EN5. Barnet was part of Hertfordshire, but in 1965 became part of the London metropolitan area. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Chipping Barnet area.
The tower of St John the Baptist, at the top of Barnet Hill, claims to be the highest point between itself and the Russian Ural Mountains, but other high points have also laid claim to this. Barnet Hill however is very high and a traditional place to rest on the historic Great North Road.
The town of Barnet is famous for many things. It is the site of an ancient and well-known horse fair, hence the Cockney rhyming slang of “Barnet” for “hair”. Queen Elizabeth I granted a charter to the Lord of the Manor of Barnet in 1588 to hold a twice yearly fair. The town was also the site of the Battle of Barnet in 1471, where Yorkist troops led by King Edward IV killed the rebellious “kingmakers” Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick and his brother John, Marquess of Montagu.
In Saxon Times the site was part of an extensive wood called Southaw, belonging to the Abbey of St Albans. The name of the town appears in early deeds as ‘Bergnet’ which is a Saxon word ‘Bergnet’ that signifies a little hill or monticulus. Barnet’s elevated position is also indicated in one of its alternative names ‘High Barnet’, which it bears in many old books and maps, and which the railway company restored.