London Removals Harrow District – Removals Canons Park
Removals, Storage, Man and Van, Office Moves and House Clearance in Canons Park and HA7, Canons Park Postal District, North West London.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Canons Park area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Canons Park.
About Canons Park
Canons Park is a residential suburb of London, situated in the North West London Borough of Harrow and located in postal distict HA7. It is located to the south of Stanmore, the west of Edgware, and the east of Wealdstone. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Canons Park area.
“Canons” refers to the canons or monks of the Augustinian priory of St Bartholomew in Smithfield, London, who owned the manor of Stanmore before the Reformation. Canons Park is largely located on the site of Cannons, a magnificent early 18th century country estate built between 1713-25, by James Brydges, 1st Duke of Chandos. The original estate, which Brydges had assembled, was divided and sold in parcels; the last, the original house-site, transformed into ambitious Edwardian gardens then put on the market in 1929, was bought by the North London Collegiate School in 1929 for the sum of £17,500. Although the original Canons mansion no longer exists, the later building on the site, erected by the gentleman cabinet-maker William Hallett in 1760, now houses the School. A large portion of the original gardens of the Canons estate now form the public pleasure gardens of Canons Park. The modern park includes the Memorial Gardens, a folly known as ‘the Temple’ (not to be confused with a different folly of the same name within the North London Collegiate School grounds) and an orchard.
Canons Drive, in Edgware follows the original path of the entrance to the Canons estate, retaining the two large pillars which acted as gateposts where it met the Edgware Road. The remains of a second, raised, carriageway running from Canons can be traced through Canons Park in the direction of Whitchurch Lane. A seven acre lake and separate duck pond also formed part of the original Canons Estate and survive within the boundaries of the Canons Drive residential area.
Canons Park is a registered Grade II Historic Landscape and contains several listed buildings. The King George V Memorial Garden is a walled garden in the park. The Memorial Garden area was part of the duke’s kitchen gardens and was completely re-designed in the 1930s, after the park became public.