North London Removals: Removals Bush Hill Park
Removals, Storage, Man and Van Hire and House Clearance in Bush Hill Park and N21.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Bush Hill Park area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Bush Hill Park.
If you need a remover, a man and van, some storage, packing or house clearance in the Bush Hill Park area, simply call or email Allen and Young today.
About Bush Hill Park
This modern residential suburb straddling the ancient border between Edmonton and Enfield conceals the remains of the earliest known settlement in the district and is located in postal district N21. Extensive Roman remains have come to light especially between 1974 and 1976 when excavations took place between Lincoln Road and Main Avenue on land cleared for development. The settlement at Bush Hill Park appears to have been abandoned at the end of the Roman occupation and the area saw relatively little habitation until it began to develop in the late 19th century. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Bush Hill Park area.
Maps from Edmonton and Enfield in the early 1800s show Bush Hill Park as almost entirely undeveloped. There were no houses at all along the entire length of Lincoln Road and only the remote hamlet of Bury Street along the southern fringe. At this date the bulk of the land between Bury Street and Lincoln Road was owned by William Mellish. He lived at Bush Hill park, a large house which stood on the slopes of Bush Hill on a site now occupied by Ringmer Place. Mellish, who came from a Nottinghamshire family, was a director of the Bank of England and Tory MP for Grimsby and later for Middlesex. He died in 1838 and was buried at All Saints Church, Edmonton.
After Mellish’s death, the estate passed through several changes of ownership, being sold in 1871 for building. Development. This accelerated after 1880 when the Great Eastern Railway opened Bush Hill Park station.
The first houses in Wellington Road and Village Road went on the market in 1878. The first inhabitants were solidly middle class, attracted by the large detached houses and the spacious, tree-lined roads. In the east of the railway development took place on very different lines. Plans were submitted for The Avenues in 1880. The Cardigan Estate was developed in two phases in 1889 and 1892. The area was then further developed with small terraced houses and cottages. The early inhabitants included many railway employees based at Enfield Town depot.