North London Removals: Removals Alexandra Palace
Removals, Storage, Man and Van Hire and House Clearance in Alexandra Palace, Alexandra Park and N22.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Alexandra Palace area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Alexandra Palace.
If you need a remover, a man and van, some storage, packing or house clearance in the Alexandra Palace area, simply call or email Allen and Young today.
About Alexandra Palace
Alexandra Palace and Alexandra Park are districts in the North London Borough of Haringey in London and are situated in postal area N22. The palace, park and the associated Victorian housing is built on a very steep hill, adjacent to both Muswell Hill and Wood Green and north of Crouch End. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Alexander Palace and Alexander Park areas.
The whole area is dominated by the imposing Palace and the surrounding park covers some 7.5 acres. The Victorian development that surrounds the park is relatively un-spoilt and as such is much sort after. The district used to be connected to Highgate via a rail link. Alexandra Palace was opened on May 24th 1873 and rebuilt after a fire just 16 days later. Alexander Palace and Park now contain a pub (The Phoenix), conference facilities, an exhibition centre and plays host to one of London’s best firework displays each November the 5th. The park also has a farmers market and circuses often loft their top on the area that used to house a fully fledged race course.
The Great Northern Palace Company was established by 1860, but it was unable to raise the funds to finance for the project. However, the idea lived on, and on 23 July 1863 Alexandra Park was opened to the public. It was named after Alexandra of Denmark, who had married Prince Edward several months earlier. In September 1865 construction of the palace commenced, but to a design different from the glass palace initially proposed by architect Owen Jones.
In 1871 work started on a railway line to connect the site to Highgate Station. Work on both the railway and the palace was completed in 1873 and, on 24 May of that year Alexandra Palace and Park was opened that this even was attended by over 100000 people. However, only sixteen days later a fire destroyed the palace, killing three members of staff. Only the outer walls survived and an exhibition of a English pottery and porcelain comprising over 4000 items of historic value were destroyed. With typical Victorian vigour, the palace was rebuilt quickly and it reopened on 1 May 1875. Read more…